Let's talk about tagliatelle...
Àclèaf's Head Chef Scott Paton invites us into the kitchen as he prepares fresh tagliatelle with just 5 basic ingredients and an easy follow recipe for at-home style cooking. Once cooked, choose to pair with your favourite sauce and topping and simply enjoy...
- 245g egg yolks
- 375g strong white flour
- 2tbsp oil
- 1tbsp water
- Good pinch of table salt
1. In a bowl combine the egg yolks with salt oil and water then mix well
2. Add the flour in one go and start mixing to a breadcrumb stage
3. Once the crumb stage comes, tip the mix onto a table and knead it until it comes together
4. Wrap tightly with film and leave to rest for 30 mins
5. Divide your dough into two
6. With a rolling pin, begin to roll the dough into a neat strip approximately 15cm wide - you want the dough to be rolled evenly and about 1mm thick
7. Once rolled, take a table knife and start cutting strips of pasta approx. 1cm wide
9. Cook in boiling water for 3 minutes if fresh, or if you choose to dry the pasta it will take longer to cook